The 2019 call for projects for Climate and Biodiversity Initiative is now open
The BNP Paribas Foundation has launched the 4th call for projects of its Climate Initiative program for the 2020-2022 period, with an important novelty. Based on the observation that climate change is a major driver of biodiversity erosion and that these two issues are intimately interconnected, the Foundation has chosen to open the new call for projects to support research on both climate and biodiversity and to rename the program Climate & Biodiversity Initiative.
Since 2010, the BNP Paribas Foundation has been supporting research on climate change through its Climate Initiative program, which has now enabled 18 international research teams to study the climate, with a total budget of 12 million euros. In addition, awareness on climate change has been raised among 340,000 people, through conferences, exhibitions, documentaries and public events related to the projects supported.
With a budget of 6 million euros over three years, this program is based on a call for projects with a rigorous selection process carried out by recognized personalities in their field of research. The aim of this call is to select 6-8 research projects that will increase the foundation’s understanding about issues related to climate change and biodiversity.
Key points to note:
- Before applying, read the FAQ section of the website and apply here.
- If you want to submit a project, please create an account on the dedicated portal as soon as possible to have enough time to gather all the information and the documents needed.
- Find overall information about this call (objectives and process, the timetable of the call, eligibility and assessment criteria, FAQ) on the Application guide.
- You are advised not to create more than one account per project and that the project leader stays the main contact for the BNP Paribas Foundation during all the call.
- Applications will have to be registered by April 28, 2019, to be processed at the different selection stages.