CLOSED: Call for Application for Consultancy Services to Develop a Theoretical Framework for Gender-Responsive Institutional Transformation
Over the last decade, African Women in Agricultural Research and Development (AWARD) has invested in building the capacity of individual agricultural researchers, particularly African women agricultural scientists, through the AWARD Fellowship. The initiative has seen an increasing number of African women scientists develop ground-breaking innovations and influence the agricultural sector as a result of the skills, competences, and opportunities gained. Building on the momentum to fix the leaky pipeline of women agricultural scientists in Africa, AWARD expanded its interventions to support institutional capacity for gender-responsive research through its initiative on Gender Responsive Agricultural Research and Development (GRARD) launched in July 2017.
AWARD partnered with selected African agricultural research institutions to implement the GRARD initiative as part of their priority focus areas. For the last two years, several interventions have taken place either at country or regional levels to support institutional capacity development. To finalize the current implementation phase, AWARD is looking for a consultant to review the progress made, lead the design of a theoretical framework for institutional transformation based on the GRARD experience and provide recommendations for the next phase of implementation.
Required qualifications, skills, and competencies:
The Consultant should meet the following criteria:
- an advanced university degree (Master's Degree or equivalent) or Ph.D. in agricultural economics, economic development, social sciences, statistics, and other related fields with to the extent possible, a strong focus on gender and diversity issues;
- a good understanding of agricultural research and development landscape in Africa
- demonstrated professional expertise in research, monitoring, learning, and evaluation of the performance of research and development interventions
- extensive experience in organizational capacity building/change management
- track record of outputs/outcome/impact assessment efforts led in various agriculture and related projects
- ability to combine qualitative and quantitative approaches/methods to project evaluations; excellent knowledge of statistical tools applied to program/project evaluations
- sharp analysis and synthesis skills - ability to analyze data, produce high-quality outputs and effectively communicate results and outputs to a variety of audiences
- demonstrated initiative and ability to prioritize, multi-task and work efficiently in a fast-paced team environment to complete projects within the set deadlines
Interested candidates should submit;
- an updated CV
- a letter of interest to undertake the assignment including daily fee rates and availability
- a proposal on the approach/methodology and considerations to deliver and complete the assignment successfully
- at least, one sample of similar work undertaken in the recent past (less than five years)
All documents should be submitted together in an email titled, 'Consultancy: Framework for institutional transformation' to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications deadline is August 15, 2019, and only shortlisted applicants meeting the above requirements will be contacted.